MusicMaster is one of many third-party Automation/Playout software programs that you can use in conjunction with Live365. With MusicMaster Scheduling, you can broadcast live to your Live365 station and use it as automation software.
MusicMaster is only compatible with Windows based systems. The supported versions of Windows are: Windows® 10 (with MusicMaster Version 7 or later), Windows® 8.1, 8.0, 7.
First, make sure you are navigating to the station where you want to start the stream. Highlight and click the station name to select it. If you are unfamiliar with how to navigate this part of Live365, please see this help article which describes dashboard navigation.
Once you have selected the appropriate station, you will be taken to that Station's Menu page. From this page, you will be able to navigate and make the required adjustments to your station.
Here are step-by-step instructions of how to configure MusicMaster to work with Live365:
First, you'll need to install the Live365 Connector. A download link can be found on the MusicMaster's Online Support Center.
- Navigate to musicmaster.com and Log In or Create a new account.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Downloads -> Interface Files and choose the Live365 connector.
- Once the file is downloaded to your computer, open it to start the installation process. By default, it will be installed in the same folder where you have MusicMaster installed. It's recommended to keep this setting then continue through each step until the installation is successful.
- Open the Live365 Dashboard here. (Login Required)
- Select Sources -> Live DJ from the left-hand Station Menu. Locate the Encoder Settings area.
Please leave the Encoder Settings window open as you will need to input this information into the MusicMaster interface. For accuracy, it is recommended that you Copy (CTRL+c) and Paste (CTRL+p) this information directly into the required fields.
- Launch MusicMaster on your streaming computer.
- You will need to make sure that the User Tools menu is visible, so you can see the Live365 interface icon. To do this, please go to View -> User Tools and check it on.
- Click on the Live365 interface icon from the top bar which will open the interface dashboard. All the options will be grayed out until you've configured the settings.
- Copy over your hostname, username, password, port, and mount from the Live365 Dashboard (see step 5). The Metadata settings and encoding settings are already set up for the Live365 system requirements so no changes are necessary there.
- Next, move on to the right side to the MusicMaster Settings. Select the field you use to store the artist, song title, and album title metadata information in MusicMaster. This information is used for the music licensing reporting.
It's important that you have this information in your music library and don't have songs with blank or untitled values.
- In order to start streaming on your Live365 station, launch the MusicMaster player from the Live365 Connect interface by clicking the Launch Player button.
If you've already scheduled the playlist for the current day, the music master player will begin playing that music log at the current time. However, if you do not have a previously scheduled playlist for the current date and time, the MusicMaster will fill in songs on the fly by selecting a song for each upcoming position based on your library rules and clocks.
Please remember that even when you are broadcasting live, your files must transmit the correct metadata for copyrighted content (Artist - Title). If you are part of the Ad Revenue Share Program, you need to also manually insert our ad trigger files.