This is a step-by-step guide for uploading new tracks to your Live365 media library. The tracks in your cloud media library can be used for a 24/7 rotation with the AutoDJ system, or for scheduling events.
Before you can add content to your AutoDJ rotation or schedule Events, you will need to upload tracks to your station's media library. Tracks don’t necessarily need to be music. You can also upload pre-recorded spoken word tracks such as interviews, station jingles, podcasts, etc.
The Live365 Dashboard currently only supports MP3 and M4A audio formats.
Encoding requirements for the MP3 files:
Encoding requirements for the M4A files:
- Start the uploading process by selecting Media ➡ Tracks from the left-hand side menu.
- Next, click the orange "Add tracks" button on the top right of the Media ➡ Tracks page. For best results, we suggest that you upload similar tracks in each batch. This is because you can only select one Type for all the tracks in each upload batch.
- Next, you'll be prompted to select the type of files that you wish to upload. Be sure to set the correct Track Type for the files in order for your station to function correctly!
- Choose files from your computer or external hard drive to upload. These will be stored in your Live365 station’s media library and will ONLY be available to you. At this time, Live365 does not have a shared music library. Live365 will detect if you have already uploaded a copy of the current track and will not upload duplicate copies.
Note: If you are using an older version of Safari, the drag and drop files capability might not work as intended. In this case, please click on the file selection area then select the files you wish to upload from the hard drive.
- Once you have added the desired tracks, you can then make adjustments to the Categories and metadata tags of the files. We highly encourage you to process your whole local library through a metadata program before uploading to Live365, but this screen gives you the ability to make adjustments as you are uploading. You only need to edit the fields that you would like to modify compared to the original file. If no information is added to a field, the original metadata will be used.
1) Edit metadata fields.
2) Select Track Categories.
3) Finish the upload process.
- Whether you update metadata at this point or you are happy with your existing metadata, you will next move forward with the uploading process by clicking the orange "Done" button near the bottom right of your screen. Then, wait for the process to finish and you'll see your uploaded tracks appear in your media library.
Note: You should verify the correctness of the metadata prior to uploading tracks. Adjustments made in the upload process will only be applied in the Live365 library and will not update the file on your local machine.