You can use Winamp and Edcast for an easy way to stream live to your Live365 station.
Edcast is an "Icecast" encoder which is the streaming protocol that the Live365 platform runs on. Many broadcasters already have a SHOUTcast encoder installed, but that will not actually work with Live365. If you are familiar with using plugins in Winamp, this setup should be rather straightforward for you. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Download the Edcast plugin for Winamp.
- You may also need to install the LAME MP3 DLL file. (<-- right click the link and choose "Save link as")
- Once you have download the LAME MP3 encoding plugin (lame_enc.dll), place it into your Winamp folder. You can do this by right clicking the link and choosing “Save Link As," then navigate into C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Winamp before clicking the "Save" button.
- Start Winamp.
- Press Ctrl - P (Ctrl and P keys together) - this will open the Preferences page.
- Under Plugins, click "DSP/Effect" in the left column - you may need to scroll down to view it.
- Select "edcast DSP v3" - the "edcast" window will open.
Once you have completed these steps, you can follow the same directions that you would for configuring AltaCast and Live365.