How do I take a screenshot?
Modified on: Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:29 AM
Sometimes, to correct a configuration problem, your Live365 Support Technician will need a little glimpse of your encoders page to make sure all the items are being added correctly. With that said, from time to time, our agents may request for the broadcaster to send a screen capture of the desktop.
How to take a screenshot on a Windows PC:
- Once you have the windows organized on the screen, press your "Print Screen" or "Prt Scr" Button. This is usually above or near the Backspace or Home key group.
- Windows then captures the entire screen and copies it to the (invisible) clipboard.
- Open a basic graphics application (like Paint) and click on the "Paste" tab (or hold down your "Ctrl" and "V" buttons simultaneously).
- You can then save the file to your computer, print it, or send it to us as an attachment if requested by the support team.
How to take a screenshot on a Mac:
- Once you have the images on the screen, hold down your Command (⌘) and Shift buttons. While holding those two keys down, press the number "3" button.
- Your Mac will capture the entire screen and save it as a file on your computer's desktop. The file name will look like “Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 08.20.00 PM.”
- Send the file to us as an attachment to your support ticket.