If your Live365 package includes a custom mobile app, you'll need to create and maintain your own Apple Developer Account.
Jump to a specific article section:
- Creating An Apple ID
- Apple Developer Account Pros & Cons
- Enrolling in the Developer Program as an Organization
- Invite us to develop and submit your app
- Frequent issues
- Getting in touch with Apple
In order for our team to submit your standalone app to the App Store, you'll need to acquire and maintain your own Apple Developer Account. It's important to keep in mind that your Apple Developer account needs to be set up as an Organization. This will allow us to upload the application using just the invite you send over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This guide will walk you through the process, step-by-step.
Note: An Apple Developer Account does require a $99/year membership fee paid to Apple.
Creating An Apple ID
Your Apple Developer account must be linked to an Apple ID. If you already have one, you may proceed to the next section. If you don't have an Apple ID, you may create one by clicking here. It is recommended to use an Apple ID that is NOT associated with your personal iCloud account.
Note: Apple now requires ALL accounts to have Two-Factor Authentication enabled. Click this link to learn more about Apple's Two-Factor Authentication for Apple IDs.
If you do not own an Apple Device, you may need to contact Apple Support in order to get their help in setting up Two-Factor Authentication. You may also elect to receive the verification codes via SMS text message (even if it's a non-Apple device).
Apple Developer Account Pros & Cons
We accept Individual, Sole Proprietor and Organizational Apple Developer accounts.
The list below is to help you make a more informed decision when setting up an Apple developer account.
|Apple Developer account as an Organization|
|Apple Developer account as an Individual or Sole Proprietor|
Your developer account name or legal name will be displayed under the name of the app.
To give you a bit more insight into this, let's take the following app from the store as an example:
Live365 Broadcaster, LLC is the name of the organization. If you are using an individual or Sole Proprietor account, your legal name will be displayed there.
Enrolling in the Developer Program as an Organization
- You may begin the enrollment process by following this link: https://developer.apple.com/enroll/
- Select whether you would like to join as an Individual or an Organization.
Note: It is highly recommended to join the developer program as an Organization. If you decide to enroll as an Individual, be aware that your full legal name will be displayed in the App Store alongside your app. An Organization account will display the name of your company or station. An Organization account will also allow you to invite our developers to access your account rather than having to share your personal username and password with us.
- Continue to fill in the required personal information.
- To register as an Organization, you'll be required to obtain the following:
- A D-U-N-S Number is a unique numeric identifier assigned to businesses and organizations by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). It is a widely used business identifier. You cannot enroll in the Apple Developer Program as an organization without a D-U-N-S Number. Follow this link to learn how to request a D-U-N-S Number.
- Legal Entity Status - Your organization must be a legal entity so that it can enter into contracts with Apple. They do not accept DBAs, fictitious businesses, trade names, or branches.
- Legal Binding Authority - As the person enrolling your organization in the Apple Developer Program, you must have the legal authority to bind your organization to legal agreements. You must be the organization’s owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or an employee with the legal authority granted to you by a senior employee.
- A Website -Your organization’s website must be publicly available and the domain name must be associated with your organization.
- Complete and validate your enrollment by paying the $99 annual membership fee to Apple. Following this, it may take up to 48 hours for your membership to be activated.
Invite us to develop and submit your app
Inviting us as an administrator on your Apple Developer account will allow our team to develop and submit your iOS mobile application under your own brand/account. Please follow the steps below to grant us the required access:
- Login to App Store Connect on this URL: https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/
- Open the Users and Access section.
- Click the "+" button in the top-left corner of the page.
- Enter the new user's details:
First Name: Live365
Last Name: Deployments
- Enter the e-mail address email@example.com.
- Under roles, select Admin.
- Enable Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Click Invite.
I registered a developer account as an individual instead of an organization
- Sign in to your Apple Developer account at https://developer.apple.com.
- Click Membership Details ➡ Update Your Information.
Apple will call to verify your enrollment. They’ll then send you an email with a link to a form for you to fill out more info about your Company.
Make sure to constantly review and approve the Apple Agreement Updates
While working on the app, we've experienced issues moving forward because of pending Apple Agreement Updates approval from the account owner.
In order to avoid this, please make sure to constantly access https://developer.apple.com and then check the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section. In case any action is required from your end, you will find further instructions there.
The name of the app is already used
We recommend double-checking if the name you would like to use for your iOS app is available. If you used it in the past, you will want to completely delete the old app.
If you believe an app is preventing you from using your trademark as an app name on the App Store, please use this form to submit a claim to the App Store Legal Team.
Getting in touch with Apple
While our Support Team is more than happy to assist with any difficulties you may encounter during the enrollment, we highly recommend contacting Apple directly for a fast resolution as they are the ones having access to the system and can best assist you. This page offers all the contact details that you can use to get in touch with an Apple representative: https://www.apple.com/contact/